The "Knowledge" Can Only Be Revealed By Maharaji's Grace
"The Holy Name should be received from one who himself received it from his Perfect Master, and who is presently Perfect Master in a correct spiritual succession. From ancient times the Perfect Master has channelised His spiritual power to His disciples. Since the Name comes from the same spiritual tradition, it has become very powerful. He who teaches this Name is called the Guru, and he who receives it is called the disciple." Hans Yog Prakash
He was quite definite that it would be useless if revealed by someone else when he spoke in June, 1961, at Prem Nagar, India
"Sublime devotion, however, comes from implicit faith and confidence in the Satguru of the time, and it must be clearly understood that only He who can bestow God-vision instantaneously within oneself is the Satguru of the time, and no one else. In reality, He is God incarnate." Who Is Guru Maharaj Ji?
You can click here to learn the techniques from a video or learn them by reading the instructions below. Practising the techniques will, undoubtedly, convince you that these methods bring an incredible experience of joy and inner peace and show by practical experience that Maharaji actually is the Divinely Incarnated Perfect Master and that "Knowledge Works!"
In the first technique, or Divine Light, place your hands thus: the thumb and middle finger of your dominant hand stroke across each eyeball from outer corner to inner, coming to rest with a light but firm touch on the upper inner corner of each eyeball. Your forefinger rests in the middle of your forehead, just above the eyebrow line (your 'third eye'). Do not press the eyeballs very hard. Certainly if you do press your eyeballs hard you see swirling colors, but this is not the Divine Light, just a neural entopic phenomenon that any child discovers when they squeeze their eyes. Maharaji gives direction to practise Knowledge the 'gentle way', emphasizing that it is not the pressure on the eyeballs that counted, and the point of touching the eyeballs with the thumb and middle finger was simply to steady them to allow you to focus better.
In the second technique, or Heavenly Music, place your hands thus: each thumb is placed in the ear and each hand is twisted upwards so that the four fingers of each hand rest on the top of your head, with each thumbtip lightly but firmly in each earhole, sealed with the twisting action. Listen!
The third technique, or Holy Name, or the Word of God (shabd nam), involves concentrating on your breathing. Many meditation traditions involve breathing in some way though only Maharaji's Grace can reveal the energy that is keeping you alive. Just "follow the breath".
The fourth technique, or Nectar, involves the tongue. The method usess the yoga technique of Kechari Mudra, where you curl your tongue up to the roof of your mouth and into your nasal passage. It is unnecessary to stretch your tongue back so that it goes behind the uvula (that skin flap hanging down at the back of your mouth at the entrance to your throat) and then up into your nasal cavity. The ultimate aim iss to connect the tip of your tongue to the base of your brain and become enlightened! To begin just use the easier version, where you simply rest the tip of your tongue on the roof of the mouth, and curl it back as far as is comfortable.
In January 1980 Prem Rawat discussed the Knowledge Session:
"It's simple. It's very, very simple. To us, we try to make it very sophisticated. We put a lot of mystique in it. "Mysterious thing." "The Guru" and "Knowledge" and "the Knowledge session." And it's very, very simple. A farmer never takes seeds and just throws them anywhere. Because if he does that, he's just wasted his seeds. First of all, the ground has to be fertile. And when it's right and the seed is sown, then the crop will be nourished. Then it can happen. That's what a Knowledge session is all about - so that we are eager, we are concentrated, we are focused. Grace comes and Knowledge is then imparted to us. That's what happens. There is no mystery. You don't get banged over the head or sent to the seventh heaven. Seventh heaven is brought to you, right there.
- Oh my Guru Maharaj Ji, I dedicate myself to your lotus feet. I am weak and ignorant and am filled with the impurities of this world
- Oh Guru Maharaj Ji, please take my mind and purge me of the impurities I possess. Reveal to me the knowledge of all knowledge
- Strengthen me, uplift me and reveal the kingdom of heaven within inside of me
- Bring me from hate to love, from darkness to light, death to immortality
- I will OBEY you implicitly and will never reveal this knowledge to anyone for any reason
- I will keep in contact with you through my DEVOTIONAL LOVE, satsang, meditation and service
- Thank you my LORD for everything
Remember Maharaji's Five Commandments:
- Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today
- Constantly meditate and remember Holy Name
- Leave no room for doubt in your mind
- Always have faith in God
- Never delay in attending Satsang
Maharaji says that those people with doubts should search everywhere and go to all gurus to try to quench their inner thirst and to keep Maharaji in reserve. Finally when they understand that true experience can only be found through the Perfect Master they can come to him. So should you wish to continue searching, other places that teach the same techniques include:
- Maharaji's eldest brother the so-called 'apostate' Satpal Ji Maharaj who replaced Prem as Satguru.
- The Self Realization Fellowship of Parahamsa Yogananda, the famous author of 'Autobiography of a Yogi' (available online)
- Michio Kushi the Macrobiotic Master teaches the techniques in this book but that's not the same as through the Keys by DVD.
- Authorised followers of Shri Swarupanand teach the meditation techniques
- The Radha Soami Satsang Beas group teach similar meditation techniques.
- The Siddha Yoga group teach the meditation techniques as a minor part of their path.
- There are a significant number of former followers of Maharaji now trying to make a living by selling these techniques and training sessions based upon them. Needless to say you should avoid these people like the plague.
- The techniques are also a minor part of the system of Hatha Yoga and have been described in Gheranda Samhita, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Shiva Samhita and can be taught by experienced Yoga teachers in your area. Click here for further information.
"If you want to wander and roam, Go on, go on, Till you're tired and you want to come home, Come home, come home, back to Maharaji,
Maharaji holds the key" - these are lines from Prem Rawat's Number One most used song: "Teach Me Devotion"